Get your taxes done using TurboTax

1.  This thread is not the place to post about needing to enter codes. Only about the details of what the updates contain.

2. It is time to close this thread. There is no, and will be no, additional information. Anyone can see from a few posts that there will never be any resolution of  this.

3. This is only one of many threads on this subject. Some of the others are more helpful--in that some higher level admins (e.g., level 15) who represent themselves as "in the know" have flat out stated that Intuit has no intention whatsoever to provide details on the updates.

GIVE IT UP.  No need to post the fact that the link is still not fixed; it never will be. No need to plead to company personnel to fix it; it will NOT be fixed. The best answer I have seen to date (on another thread) is that they will eventually get around to deleting the link. Maybe in the next year or so.Since it has been broken for at least two or three years, good luck with that.

I offered an alternative way to identify if the updates affected your particular return, but was severely chastised for the effort.

You all seem to think that the company is ultimately responsible for providing this information and will not quite telling us all how terrible their corporate responsibility is. What makes you think they care at this point. In an oligarchy the leader of the cabal sets the standards.

Let's do something useful. I'd like to hear from someone who has used a different program as to whether it is any better. As a tax professional for 25 years, I wouldn't trust H&R Block office prepared returns for the length of a city block. Is the software any better? What about the cheapo options. Do they really know what they are doing?

Let's hear some positive feedback on something better so we can move on to a better product and quite just complaining about this one.

Thanks for your attention!

melisu313

I purchased the 2019 home & Business turbotax but updater is not loading and will not let me enter my 1099 forms

@jlw0003 @TaxGeek2 @mikehansen7786 

I find it interesting that I just read a review of tax software in the April 2020 issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine and TurboTax is ranked #3 behind Credit Karma Tax and FreeTaxUSA. Although they only looked at basic household returns, not the Home and Business version which I use for a home business. They said this about TT, which differentiated it from the others: "TurboTax excels in providing smooth navigation and loads of support. It also has the most robust import capabilities, allowing users to import data from more than 150 million W-2s, along with information from hundreds of financial institutions. TurboTax provides clear and understandable answers to questions, and also provides videos and live help from a large community of users at no extra cost." That last phrase refers to us, but it's obvious the reviewer hasn't read this thread!

The other programs out there apparently offer even less help.  I feel like it's similar to dealing with the cable company. Who likes their cable provider? But because they have a monopoly, the only option is to switch to DSL or Dish, and there's no guarantee results will be better. 

I'd like to hear from someone who's use another product. That may require finding a community chat like this on their sites.

Tech People, as of today, 4/6/20, the link to view MORE DETAILS in the Critical updates for both the Federal Forms and the Program Updates in TurboTax is still broken.  And checking on updates within TurboTax under Online doesn't work either.  Please recheck your code/links and fix this issue before you do anything else.  We need to know exactly what has been updated.

Long-time TT user (20+ yrs).

ychicks

Attempted to upgrade turbo tax, upgrade would not take. Says there is no link to the upgrade

my tubor tax wont update to 2019

@GeneScott60   What are you trying to update?  You can not update 2018 or prior year Desktop program to be 2019.  Did you buy and install the 2019 program but can't update it?  Windows or Mac?

GabiU
Level 15

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

jdembrow

i need an update to fie electronically

@GabiU I hope this is true.  I know you have done it for your business versions so should seem not that complicated.  Keep us informed.  

Souave226

having program upating my turbotax cd

I am not getting updates to 2019 Taxes.  I have one error to correct to file my taxes and I am getting a message that it will be fixed in next Turbo Tax Update.  Where is the update?  I am usually asked if I want to get updates or work on my taxes.  I am not getting that message.  Also i cannot find the way to get updates.

need state of Georgia update for 2019 version

State of Georgia 2019 update

Turbo tax does not open while trying to update. update always failed.