Hello. My question is why is my federal still being rejected even though i mailed it in Feburary 05 2020.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

what do you mean rejected? if they were mailed in you can not e-file a second copy without creating a mess for yourself. 

if you haven't gotten a refund check the staus at IRS website  (TT won't provide info if you mailed in your return).  

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ ddaddy23   wrote:  "why is my federal still being rejected even though i mailed it in Feburary 05 2020?".

We're not sure what you mean by that.   Where are you seeing the term "rejected?"  Why did you mail the return?   Did you originally try to efile the return, and it was rejected for some reason?   And did you end up filing by mail because it kept getting rejected?

If so, the status displayed at your Tax Home might still say "rejected" because that's based on your former efile attempt.  TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS about your mailed return.  So it may still say "rejected" on the Tax Home page.  Or if you formally changed the filing status prior to mailing the return, the Tax Home might say "ready to mail."   In any case,  I'll tell you how to check on it below. 

Hopefully, you printed, signed, dated, and mailed the return to the IRS yourself.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.    And if you had a state return as well, hopefully you mailed it separately to the correct agency.     The Federal return should have been mailed to the IRS, and the state return to the state tax agency.  We have seen some users mistakenly mail everything to the state tax agency before. 

You can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.  
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, be sure to enter the SSN and filing status correctly.  For the refund amount, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  800-829-1954