I need to enter an amount from Line 10, Schedule 2, From 1040 into line 15 of Form 1040. How do I do that?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

TurboTax automatically "moves" the amount on Schedule 2 line 10 to Form 1040 line 15.  You do not have to do anything to move the amount.

If you have an amount on Schedule 2 line 10 that is not showing up on Form 1040 line 15, more details about your situation may help diagnose your issue.  For example, what amounts are shown on your Schedule 2, and do you receive any error messages when you run the Review routine?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks David. I was filling out Schedule 2 outside Turbotax. Can you please tell me how to fill out Schedule 2 from Turbotax. I have to make an entry in Line 8 of Schedule 2. Thanks Again.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You do not make entries directly to Schedule 2.  TurboTax automatically makes the entries on Schedule 2 based on the information you enter into TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need to put total of form 8621 in line 8 of schedule 2.  I know Turbotax does not support form 8621. Is there any way at all to put an entry in line 8 of schedule 2 maybe by putting that amount as a different type of entry?Thanks.

@umey1 wrote:

I need to put total of form 8621 in line 8 of schedule 2.  I know Turbotax does not support form 8621. Is there any way at all to put an entry in line 8 of schedule 2 maybe by putting that amount as a different type of entry?Thanks.

Only if you are using the CD/download desktop version installed on your computer.

Switch to the forms mode and view the 1040/1040SR Worksheet and scroll down to Schedule 2, part II, "Additional Other Taxes Smart Worksheet", line S.

Enter "1291INT" and the amount in the amount box as per the 8621 instructions.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

you mind sharing how you calculated the numbers behind form 8621 ? I have few small india mutual funds and one pension fund to do and check if I need the 8621