fadybekh

Turbotax mentioned that I have filed my tax, Although I did not send it by mail yet

Hello , 

My Wife e-filed tax return as Married Joint Electronically through turbo-tax , and she received an email that the return is successfully received by IRS.

Since I am not experienced in the tool , Previously I  started to file my tax (by mail) also through turbo-tax as well , but I did not neither sign nor print the return and  send it.

Is there anyway to cancel the return COMPLETELY to avoid double data at the IRS.

Another question, When I entered the stimulus portal to check if I am eligible for the stimulus, I have also found turbotax has sent my data to the IRS and waiting for the stimulus eligibility results , how that can be done although I did not complete filing my return (Did not even sign).

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your spouse prepared a correct joint return will all of the income for both of you on it, then the two of you are done.   Do NOT mail the return you worked on.  As long as you did not mail it, it is like it does not exist to the IRS.  And since she e-filed already using your SSN, you cannot e-file it --it would be rejected.  When you file a joint return, there is only ONE return that has all the information on it for both spouses.  Make sure she included your income on the return she filed.

If you want to clear your own:

CLEAR AND START OVER

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hello Dear, 

Thanks for Your Reply , But I can not find the clear and start over as you have mentioned.

The problem is , I have already processed the return and now it is pending on "Fedral Retrun Ready for Mail" So I am unable to make changes except through amendment which is through mail .. I think .

Is there any way back ?.

Thanks. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you registered or paid for the TurboTax product, that is why you do not have the option to clear and start over. If you have no e-filed or printed and mailed in your tax return yet, 

please contact TurboTax and speak with an agent. TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"