Brickbender
Returning Member

Cannot add SSA 1099 form on TurboTax Free Online

I need to add an SSA 1099 form on TurboTax Free. I had one in there but had to delete it. The button shows "Revisit" instead of "Start" but when I click it, I'm asked if I have a SSA 1099 to enter. I click yes then it goes back to the previous screen. It shows there's a form with $0 in it. The form also does not show up in the list of forms where it can be deleted. I contacted a customer care representative but they said I needed to purchase an upgrade to perform that function.

Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can report a SSA-1099 in TurboTax Free. 

When it shows you the screen with the 1099 you deleted, can you edit it and use that to report the 1099 you have? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Brickbender
Returning Member

Thanks, but I have tried everything. It's stuck in a loop. I contacted customer care and they told me I was better off just sending my taxes in manually. They said that they don't know why it's in the loop. Can't seem to get a technical or system support person to look into this

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Forms 1099-Rs are not supported in TurboTax free edition.

Turbotax free edition is for simple tax returns, Form 1040 only, without any additional schedules. Simple tax situations covered in TurboTax Free Edition include: 

• W-2 income
  • Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
  • Claiming the standard deduction
  • Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
  • Child tax credits

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes