You would indicate that you had insurance for the entire year, since there was no one month that you didn't have it.
The steps of reporting are as follows:
- Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2016? We all had health insurance coverage all year. (If true for all on the return)
- Was anyone enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016? Yes
- What type of plan were you enrolled in? Obamacare plan (1095-A)
- Do you have a 1095-A form to enter for your Obamacare plan? Yes
The program will prompt you to enter the 1095-A for the months applicable. You need enter nothing for the insurance through work.
You no longer need to indicate the number of months you were covered by insurance. However, you still need to enter a Form 1095-A.
Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
- In the upper right, search for 1095-A.
- Select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen and Continue.
- Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue. We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return.