jonhhunt
Returning Member

Can't import financial information from Pershing

I'm using Turbo Tax Premier.  The software is on my computer. I know the name of the institution, their financial name and number and I know my account information. I cannot import the information into TT. When I try I get a message that the import was unsuccessful. I've talked to Pershing twice and they just don't seem to get it. They first told me it was because of the limits of the on line version....which I am not using. They then suggested I talk to TT. If I should be so lucky to talk to TT I'm sure they would tell me it isn't their problem. I've got multiple accounts and it's going to be a real pain to type all of this in.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your only option if you are unable to download your account information will be to manually enter your information.  From what you have stated in your question it appears that Pershing may be having an issue with downloading client information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
flyty

I am having a similar problem.  I can log in from TT, but it just says there is no account information to download.  It would be great if someone has a solution to share, otherwise I have about 500 lines to enter manually!

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@flyty When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the "wrong" First National Bank, you won't be able to import. 

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described below: 

DH32

Go to your Pershing account and make sure it is set up to release information to a third party.  I have to change it for Turbo Tax every year, then I go back into my account and change it back to not allowing third party access.  If you don't see where to do that just give Pershing a call.