Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Where can I find my 2019 (current-year) AGI?

You might be asked for your 2019 AGI if you're applying for a scholarship or loan.

How to find your 2019 AGI

The exact location of your 2019 AGI (adjusted gross income) depends on which 1040 form you filed:

• 1040 – look on line 8b
  • 1040NR – look on line 35

Finding this number is easy if you already filed your 2019 return and printed a copy for your records. In fact, your lender will probably want to see a copy of your return so they can verify your AGI.

If you forgot to print a copy after filing, we have some links below that can help.

Tip: You won't find your 2019 AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form. Nor should you pull your AGI if you're still working on your federal return, as this number will likely fluctuate as you add or remove income or expenses.

---------------------------------------

If  you are looking for your 2018 AGI to e-file:

How do I find last year’s AGI?

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

View solution in original post