Program updates - download version 2019

Hey TT, I clicked the link to see critical Federal updates and it took me to a webpage that moved.   Seriously?  It's tax time, and you update a program and have a broken link?  For people that already filed, they need to know if something critical has changed.  Fix your program link please.  

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Let's do it inside the program: 

• If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software program, open the program, from the top, under Online, select Check for Updates.
  • If you are using the online version, it's an automatic update when you sign in and out. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

With all due respect LinaJ2020 you are an expert.  Please READ the note.  I want to know what changes were made.  The link that I was presented ("More Details" )  took me to page that was supposed to list the critical updates but the link was broken.  I have used TT for 20 years.  I know how the program works.  Please post a link to the update page and get better quality control for the program.     It is still broken and I still want to know what changes were made.Annotation 2020-03-06 100203.jpg

Still not fixed as of today and can't easily find them, so TT please post a link.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are wanting to know specific details of the updates, you will need to contact our customer service directly via phone.  To do this, please see the link here:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

This last answer is pathetic. The "More Details" link does not work!  No, you should not "need to contact our customer service directly via phone".  Fix The Link!

I am also having problems with TurboTax Home and Business this year which I have never had in all the years I have used TurboTax.  While I shouldn't have to, I did call Customer Support and after 30 minutes of boring music, got connected to someone who could do nothing but say Yes, TurboTax is having some update glitches.  Really? while a lot of people just want to file and get their tax refund? 

I find that data is not being automatically imported as it used to be.  Just two examples (1) the input of previous UCC from 2018 and (2) the previous years (2018) data in DSUM.  Is this because software resources are dedicated to the Windows 10 version?  But I bought my Home and Business CD when Windows 7 was still supported by Microsoft and, in fact, I am still getting Windows 7 updates from Microsoft as recently at March 7th.

I have never seen such problems with TurboTax before.  Also, Customer Support said that next year their software would not be compatable with Windows 7, i.e. it would not be backwards compatible.  Did Microsoft but TurboTax??  Is it time to switch to another product next year after years and years of being a loyal TurboTax customer?

I have exactly the same question and I have contacted "customer service directly via phone".  TWICE.

Both calls were complete wastes of time as neither person had any idea at all and could not find any information from whatever sources that are that disposal.

This topic is not a new one.  The same question shows up in the forums at least as far back as last June (that's June of 2019 for those who are reading this in 2025).

What I have not decided is if Intuit has become so arrogant that they no longer see any reason to communicate with their customers or so sloppy that they cannot assemble a coherent "what's changed" document.

Absolutely agree with "This last answer is pathetic" post.  In the past, a description of the changes made in each update was readily available on the website for review.   It makes no sense to direct a user to call customer service for something that merely needs to be read and, especially since it is so difficult to reach anyone at customer service anyway.  Why is TT so reluctant to just fix what is obviously a broken (or non-existent)  link?  Is it just an oversight or, as as covered in another post, is it arrogance and disregard on TT's part for its customers?

I'd love to be able to help you with this issue that is shared by many thousands of TTax users that have been a user for decades such as myself.

But it appears that TTax support has been informed by their management to ignore and try to contain the impending backlash of users that they will notice next tax season.  My thought is that this "management" plan is doomed to failure and I encourage all TTax users that disagree with this current policy to vote with their credit cards for the next tax year and find another provider.  This issue has gone on for far too long.

If we do not receive a proper response soon, I will start researching alternative tax services, their policies and publish the results here and in other public forums.

I hope your taxes come out well for you this year!

I agree.  I have used TurboTax for 25 years, but I've already informed both of the so-called customer service agents I reached via telephone that there may very well not be a 26th year.

I filed Fed and NYS  on about Feb 25, 2020. Both were accepted Feb 26, 2020.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW is whether, as a consequence of TurboTax updates (Deluxe) I need to file an amended return.

I am astonished and chagrined that I cannot determine this from the web site. There are NO details as to what comprised the "critical updates" to the Fed and NYS forms.

Thank you for any help!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@OldMan2

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on when to amend. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/do-i-need-to-amend/00/27607

Great answer - if that were the question that was asked. Go back and read the articles in this thread. Turbo Tax has just installed 'critical updates' to the program. Users who have alread filed want to know if the critical updates affect their return. The installation program provides a link to see what changed. The link does not work. Every one of the previous messages askss for the link to be fixed. None of the responses from TT answer the question, including yours. Somewhere the person who coded the message typed in the wrong link. Find the person who distributes updates and ask them to review their work. It is called testing and quality control.

Is it so hard to just post a valid support link rather than one that directs to the old support site ???

1 piece of URL text in html code....