Does any one know if I can trust this service to deposit my federal return with in two weeks? Has anyone used this service before with positive outcomes?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, I've filed electronically for the past few years and had my return deposited in my account.

View solution in original post

@ mommy2916  asked:   "Does any one know if I can trust this service to deposit my federal return with in two weeks? Has anyone used this service before with positive outcomes?"

What service are you referring to?   Are you referring to the preparation and filing of your return, or are you referring to the optional service to pay your product fees (if applicable) out of your Federal refund, or what?

And why are you saying "within 2 weeks?"

There is no guarantee when you would get a Federal refund.  All returns are different and may be processed differently.   The IRS can choose to review any return, sometimes even at random.

The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after being accepted.   That still leaves a considerable number of people who do not.  Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you get no guarantees on the two weeks since it is the IRS that issues the refund.    even if you hand deliver the return to an IRS office there's no guarantee.     

Thank you for answering. Greatly appreciate it! May I ask how long it took?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! The service I was referring to was TurboTax it’s self. This is the first year I haven’t used my accountant, so I was nervous about filing on my own at the time of my original posting.

I was also used to getting my return back in two weeks because I’ve always used an accountant, but I’ve also come to understand how and why that was able to be done under my previous circumstances.

again, thank you for the wealth of information you took the time to pass along! 

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I’ve become more familiar with the difference in filing on my own for the first time this year and why I became accustomed to receiving my refund in two weeks in previous years using an accountant. I appreciate your response adding to my new insight