virginny
Returning Member

I receive notice Turbo tax price will increase Feb. 28, 2019. I'm not ready to file yet, but can I pay now to take advantage of the lower price, then file later?

DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you can click on the File tab (left menu) and pay your fees now.  You do not have to file now; you have until Oct to e-file, but you will lock in today's price by paying now. 😉

View solution in original post

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes!

You can prepay at any time by following the steps below:

1. Open your return (if you're not already in it) by signing in at www.turbotax.com and clicking the orange Take me to my return button. Continue past the blue Simple and accurate screen.
    • If you already filed your return, you won't see an orange button. Instead, click Add a state to get back into your return (don't worry, we're not really adding a state).
  2. Select File on the right side of your screen and proceed to the Review your order screen.
    • On mobile devices, tap the 3 white lines in the upper left corner to open the side menu which contains the File option.
  3. Click Start or Revisit and follow the onscreen instructions to submit payment.

We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and pre-paid cards with a U.S. billing address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, does this still apply?  I'd like to take advantage of the pre-March increase price for my 2019 products if possible.  I'd be buying the Federal and State products.  Thank you!

@swkorb wrote:

Hello, does this still apply?  I'd like to take advantage of the pre-March increase price for my 2019 products if possible.  I'd be buying the Federal and State products.  Thank you!

@swkorb wrote:

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2019 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

Thank you!  I followed those steps, and I'm seeing the option to buy the Federal product.  I'm not seeing an option to add and pay for the State product?

@swkorb wrote:

Thank you!  I followed those steps, and I'm seeing the option to buy the Federal product.  I'm not seeing an option to add and pay for the State product?

The state charge will only be available if you have started a state tax return with the online editions.  The state program charge is $40 and will increase in price to $45 in March.