Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Is it not ironic that the updates to TurboTax do not include updates to the release note information. How hard would it be to fix the links, as part of the update?

I'm not impressed that they're no longer making this information easily retrievable.

@Critter  said in an earlier reply:

3) do I need to revisit a fixed section because it was incorrect before?  If you do need to revisit a section before you file the program will tell you in the REVIEW tab ... you cannot complete the FILE tab until everything is resolved in the review tab.  

Does anyone actually believe that this will work? 

BTW has anyone actually called TT support to report this as a bug?

So update informs me that there where critical changes to the "Tax forms". Which ones? How can I check to see if they impacted me? Oh click here for details.

Where's the release notes????? Been using TT for over 20 years. The notes were always there and easy to access. Starting to agree with others, maybe time to check other product.

Looking for alternatives for next year. Any suggestions??

Tired of being frustrated by TT. 

I'm unhappy with the lack of release notes as well but it's not enough to make me switch. If you want to move, before switching you might want to check if the other products tel you what's changed. I'd be surprised if any of the web-based competitors do.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link TurboTax Forms Availability  has the forms currently available  in TurboTax it will be updated as the forms become available, so please keep checking there for further releases.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Release notes in the past used to detail bug fixes as well--not just form release.

That page says "Coming Soon"! Does that mean that no forms are currently available??

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@MisterBill Apparently, TT is working on that Forms Availability page.  It's back to normal at this time (10:15 PM Central time).

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

1) Software updates must have release notes.  Period.  Without release notes, customers must assume the development team has no idea what has changed nor what are the effects (intended or otherwise.)

2) Even worse, including a dead link to release notes -- nothing instills confidence quite like a dead link.  

NCLC
Level 1

you keep droning the same response over and over again... less than helpful.  TT is a complete PITA now.  Used to be a good product with good support.  Now its just a poorly coded cash-cow.  Next year we'll move to something else.  Too bad they shot themselves in the foot by being greedy.

Just wanted to mention that some recent updates (including one released today) have been showing up marked as "critical" so it really would be nice to know what was fixed.

It looks like this update today (3/6/2020) broke the ability to download new states.  It would be really nice to see the releases notes to confirm they "fixed" a related issue.

That release notes or release details are no longer available is bad.

This issue is NOT SOLVED.  I have no intention of opening a facebook or twitter account or calling Intuit to ask what updates were downloaded. Release details should be readily available to all TT users.  This app has gotten worse over the years instead of improving and I have lost my patience. After using Turbotax for MANY years it is time to take my business elsewhere.  So sad for TT.