xaexae15

Why refund say 0$

Why does my refund say 0$

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Have you entered your income?  If you did not enter any income you will not see a refund.  Did you have tax withheld from your pay?  What is in box 2 of your W-2?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah I had the same issue, it gave me a dollar amount then said $0 after I filed. Idk if it was a glitch or what. I’m using the free edition. When I view my return at the top or under the 2020 docs it doesn’t have the w2 box1 info despite me putting it there. You can click on the enter state and choose through the steps to double check info which I had to reenter and that return, which I download after it said filed, had all the correct info including the return $amount I previously saw. Yes it still says $0 when you refresh or resign in. AND the below 2020 return doc says $0! Idfk. It’s stupid I can’t ask a real person a simple question about their product (NOT filing advice) especially when their online program is messing things up. I’ve used them the past 4 years and had no issues until this year. I literally have TWO numbers to put in, mine’s not complicated with exemptions. So I guess I’ll wait to see if it will update or if the return gets denied. I’m thinking I may use someone else next time if I can’t figure this out. Used to be easy.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

After your return has been sent, the counter resets back to zero. Depending on which TurboTax product that you used to file your taxes, there would be different ways to check the status. Please click the link, listed below, for the TurboTax FAQ to learn how to check your e-file status and the status of your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

All the info is still the same in my TT tax home with no update and there’s no info available through the irs tools. I do have a estimated date now. All I really want to know is, if it is denied, can I amend it via my TurboTax e-filing? Or do I need to do it with a separate entity?

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

You can amend using TurboTax online but amended return can't be e-filed, you need to print it and mail it in.

Here's how you amend your return:

1. Sign in to you account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents , select 2019 and then Amend (change) return
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Follow the instructions, your refund or tax due will change to 0. This is normal on amended returns.
CarterV

Did you ever figure this out ???? I’m having it right now 

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Once you enter the amendment application in TurboTax it is normal for your refund meter to reset to $0.  This is so that the meter can then calculate the effect of the change(s) that you make to the tax return. 

@CarterV  

Since I was using the free account the customer service people were useless. My filed form looked as though I never entered my income! Idk why. What I had to do was an amendment, which if I recall means you need to wait a bit before you can do it unfortunately. Don’t stress it. Doing an amendment was just like the normal form except you reenter info to show the changes. I was worried too but in hindsight I didn’t need to be. The IRS just wants to see you making an effort. Hopefully this helps!