My downloads have disappeared. Is there any way to recover them?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

What kind of downloads?  And disappeared from where--your computer or your online account?    Are you referring to desktop software downloads in your account?   If you're not finding some software download purchases in your account,  you likely have multiple accounts we can help you troubleshoot.

bigsky49
Returning Member

When I was working on my tax return ans closed it my program and Icon disappeared.  It doesn't show up in my sidebar either I have the Home and business version.

bigsky49
Returning Member

I am disappointed with your customer support no real help.

@ bigsky49  wrote:  "When I was working on my tax return ans closed it my program and Icon disappeared. It doesn't show up in my sidebar either I have the Home and business version."

This is mainly a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.   But we may be able to offer some suggestions.

What is it you are wanting to do?  Are you referring to the TurboTax launch icon?   If your icon disappeared, does that mean you are wanting to create a new shortcut icon on your desktop screen to launch TurboTax from?    Are you using Windows or Mac?

What do you mean by your "sidebar"?  Does that mean your Windows Start Menu?

In the Windows version of Home and Business, this is the Path to the executable to launch TurboTax:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Home & Business 2019\32bit\TurboTax.exe

Do you see the program executable file in that location?  If so, you should be able to make a desktop shortcut to that file.

lyndak03

i download 2017 & 2018 turbo tax software.  and i canti find It on my account 

@ lyndak03 wrote:

i download 2017 & 2018 turbo tax software.  and i canti find It on my account 

ADDENDUM NOTE 5/25/22 at 2:45 AM Pacific: 

I don't know what you are wanting to do with the old software programs, but once you find, download, and install the 2017 and 2018 software, you should try to update each one before opening any 2017 or 2018 tax data files you have.   TurboTax doesn't support software older than the current tax year and the prior 3 tax years, but it may still let you update the 2017 program to the last update that was available for that particular tax year.  You'd just have to try and see.  The 2018 program should still update OK.   Before trying to do whatever you're going to do with those programs, if you're wanting to open data files that you saved from 2017 and 2018, I'd make an extra copy of the *.tax2017 and *.tax2018 data files for safekeeping as an archival backup in case anything goes wrong.

If you go to the Downloads section of your account and can't find software you previously purchased, then you may have multiple accounts without realizing it.  Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first-- if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.