What is ind-025-02 reject code

Arunkumar

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you did not provide electronic filing information necessary to verify your return, or the information you provided does not match IRS records, then you might get this rejection code. This information is your prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), your prior year self select PIN, or a current year electronic filing PIN obtained from the IRS.

You may review your entries and resubmit your return

lbg1962

Didn't have to file last year on ssdi

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Do you have a specific question we can assist you with? 

If so, please comment with your question and we can help you accordingly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tjoli010

I tried filing for stimulus payment but it got rejected the code is IND -025-02 I don't know what this code means and it can anybody help me

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

This means that the 2018 Adjusted Gross Income for the first person listed on the return is missing.  See the following link for assistance on how to fix it.

Rejection Code 025-02

TenWill88
Returning Member

Hello,

My name is Tenee [PII removed] and I mailed my return in over 8 weeks ago; can I e file now with last years' ID Pin this year since the IRS is not processing mailed in returns? @JotikaT2 Thank you for your help in advance.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Did you mail in your return for 2018?  

If so, you can still e-file your 2019 tax return but you may need to enter $0 for your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from 2018 as the IRS may not have processed your 2018 tax return yet.

Amount to use for prior year AGI

Thank you for the explanation, as I also got this error code when my submission was rejected. However, I still need help, as there must be a mistake. I have no return to fix in this way, as I did not meet the requirements needed to file a return. So, how can it be faulty/inadequate in this manner, when it doesn't even exist in the first place?

TenWill88
Returning Member

Hello, 

I e-filed for 2018 with Turbo Tax. I received my refund for 2018 already so do I need to still have a 0 for AGI? Can I still file since I e-filed last year? @JotikaT2 

Same for me

Ebow71

Ssi disability do we need to file for stimulus  on turbo tax or will it come through mail?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Yes.

You can e-file using your AGI from 2018.

See the following link if you have any other error messages regarding your prior year AGI.

How to find your 2018 AGI

@TenWill88

TenWill88
Returning Member

Hello good morning, 

Thank you and how do I file again because I do not see a restart on the app and I do not need to amend my return? Use my 2018 AGI but I had a baby end of last year so how does claiming her work? @JotikaT2 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Did you use the online software to prepare the 2018 tax return?

You cannot prepare your 2018 tax return using the online software.  The online software is only for 2019 tax returns. 

I have attached a link with instructions on how to obtain the 2018 program so you can prepare your 2018 tax return.  You will need to mail this in.

How to prepare a prior year tax return

If you did use the online software for 2019 to prepare your 2018 tax return, you will need to amend your 2019 tax return to only report your activity for 2019.

Attached are instructions on how to amend your 2019 tax return.  You will need to mail this in as well.

Amend return