jknott34

1099 Misc entry

When I enter data from a 1099 Misc in the common income section, it also enters it in business income which I do not have. When I try to delete it from the business section, it won't allow me to complete my taxes without reentering it. What am I doing wrong?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

What did you receive the 1099-MISC for? Which boxes are reported? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Baluka
Returning Member

As someone else indicated you need to review what you entered when you entered the information for the 1099 Misc. If your 1099 Misc had the income in the Non employee compensation which is in Box 7 then that income will automatically flow into a Schedule C for self employment income because it is possibly subject to Self Employment tax.

i don't know why  the figure 6626.00 was entered there. it does not belong there it should have been real tax figure . , but i cannot delete it . pls help

i did not received any misc. 1099 , but i dont know how it got there. pls delete. so i can finish or continue my retruren .

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Tell me the details of your 1099 MISC income and I will promise to guide you through the process.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

let's start here:

1. Go to federal>wages and income>1099MISC and other common income>income from 1099 Misc
  2. Select start or update to see if there is a 1099 MISC listed
  3. If so, delete it.