jimbo311

I am having trouble filing my tax returns. I no longer have an email address. I want to get a verification on my cell phone. Can you help me.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can use your telephone number for access to your TurboTax Account by confirming your account in a different way. 

To do this start to enter some information from last year's return in TurboTax.  Be sure to use the name of the primary taxpayer and address information on last year's return you filed with TurboTax.

There will be a couple of other questions you should know the answers to. If none of the answers shown is correct, select None of the above.  When you see the Welcome Back! screen, update your email and mobile phone contact information.

In order to Electronically file, you will receive a verification code sent to your email address and not to your phone.  This is a security measure by the IRS to verify it is you.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am at a different location than work (I am home) and need to use my personal email address in order to continue to file. That email is [email address removed]

I choose to enter information from previous years filing.

So when going back to my return I can enter my personal email address and continue?

I'm having trouble getting electronic deposit - I have a different email address, and cannot figure out where to change it for turbotax, which keeps using my old email address.

How do I change my email address?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

To update your TurboTax email, please see the TurboTax FAQ's link below:

@JMusername1945

yes14day
Returning Member

[email address removed]

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please use the steps provided in the FAQ's above to update your email address @yes14day.

yes14day
Returning Member

My email address has always been <[email address removed]>.

Why must I change it??

You've sent [removed]

What goes before this???

Where do I "update" my email, if I have to.???

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@yes14day You are not required to change your email address, but if you 'd like to, refer to the following Help Article for instructions:  How do I change my TurboTax account email?

If this is not what you need assistance with, please reply to this thread and clarify how we can help you.

yes14day
Returning Member

I do not want to change my email address !  If I can't use [email address removed],  what must I use & where do I put it??  I do not want to lose all the work I have already done on my 2021 tax return!!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You are not required to change your email address. Where in the software is it asking you to change your email address? 

@yes14day