pink0911

How do I change my username on my account

CassieLO

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

To change your User ID or Password, you'll want to be logged into your TurboTax online account.

1. Go to your Intuit Account and sign in to your account.
  2. Click on Intuit Account in the lower left corner of the screen.  This will open your Account Settings screen.
  3. Click either Profile or Security depending on which options you want to update.
    • To change your User ID go into Profile tab and click on the Edit option to the right of your User ID and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • To change your Password, click on the Security tab and then click on the Edit option to the right of your Password.
  4. Enter the new information.
  5. Enter your existing password, if asked (it depends on which option you are updating).
  6. Click Save.

From here, you can also update other account information, add a phone number for increased security, or turn on two-step authentication.

From TurboTax FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2578433-how-do-i-change-my-turbotax-login-user-id-or-password

How do i change my name as it displays here? I don't want my full name on display please. Thank you!!

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

To change your name within the Turbo Tax Community, go to your Profile, and select "edit" to update your contact demographics. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aitzanegron
Returning Member

I updated my username, but my question on the community page still shows my full name. How can I fix this?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

As stated by JakailaLO, to change your name within the TurboTax Community, go to your profile emoji, in the top right corner, click it, in the drop-down, click "My Profile", and select "Edit" on the left side of the screen to update your contact demographics. 

@TerukoL I have the same issue and there is no place under any of the options where you edit your profile to change your community name that is displayed. I also don’t want what I have showing! This is crazy – this is a tax forum - we should be more  in control of our privacy! There are other posts about this question with replies staying a moderator has to change our displayed forum username. If so how do I contact a moderator?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Ok, so to be clear you want to change your name that shows here in this forum, not your Turbo Tax ID username. That is clear now,  here's a tip from the Help coummunity section Tip: Most people create anonymous names for the sake of privacy and to help them feel more comfortable participating. Be creative, have fun with it, but choose carefully: you can't change your login after you're registered.

You agreed to the profile name once you registered: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/help/faqpage/title/howregister_email_verify_not_required

Useless.

@ ipmajimwan wrote:

Useless.

You're posting in an old thread with multiple users, and said nothing about you want to do.   If you want to change your screen name that displays in this Community forum, you can't change it yourself.  I can ask a Moderator to contact you to change it.    If that's what you want to do, then please confirm.

@taxnewbie19

Are you still wanting to change your forum display name, or has it already been changed?  It seems anonymous already, so perhaps someone has already changed it for you.

Yes, a moderator contacted me (thanks to you!) and it was changed. I really appreciate your help! Perhaps, since many others have the same request, they can search the forum for the terms 'change name' and 'moderator' to find others who are also trying to reach a moderator to help with this. I tried calling Turbotax customer service and no one there had  a clue how to reach anyone that could help.  Thanks again - so much!

OK, good.  You're welcome.  There wasn't anyway to tell other than that the name now appears harmless.  🙂

@aitzanegron 

Are you still wanting to change the screen name that displays in this forum?  If so, I can ask a Moderator to assist you.

@cdnwjae wrote:

How do i change my name as it displays here? I don't want my full name on display please. Thank you!!

Are you still wanting to change the screen name that displays in this forum? If so, you can't change it  yourself, but I can ask a Moderator to assist you.  Please confirm you still want that.