I'm getting a notification at the end of my Federal that the 8606T is not ready and will be soon? I looked it up and the form for 2019 is ready for efile?

How can I get it to let me file?
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The issue is that TurboTax - like all tax software companies - needs some time after forms are released by a government to create their own forms, get them approved by the IRS or the state, and write and test the software to support that forms. All this takes time.

Also note that there were some very recent law changes concerning retirement programs, which also must be coded and tested.

Please look at the Federal Forms Availability page to see the estimated release date for the 8606. When the date becomes "available", then you know that the form is now in production in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the reply.  It makes sense.  I looked at the link you shared and it showed a date of Feb. 5th.  However, I looked at another site and actually found the form ready for print and for efile.  Any idea why?  I could actually print it out and did, just to test it.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

I do not know what other site you are referring to.

But since all tax software companies have hundreds if not thousands of forms to push through in a short span of time, there is no reason to believe that all tax software companies will make those forms available in the same order.

Besides - and as I said I don't know who the other site is - as I noted, there were very recent tax law changes specifically in this area, and it would be good to go with the tax software provider who is not rushing the coding and testing of these last minute changes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

VERY LAME EXCUSE AS WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR YOUR PRODUCT