sharmccar

Turbo Tax 2019 cannot efile federal because it says it needs an update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

there could be a form in tour return that the IRS hs not finalized.  have you gone to the review tab?

sharmccar

yes the review tab says there have been NO updates at all, I just installed it today.  i wonder if I have something blocked that does not allow it to update.  I am online all the time so I have internet service

garrjess
Returning Member

I tried efiling on 2-9-19 says it needs to update before filing, trouble is turbo says its up to date.I even shut down computer & restarted hoping to fix the issue, no luck.I even uninstalled turbo tax 2019 & reinstalled it and still no luck.Does anybody have any answer I'm not getting any were.I've paid my fee to the state and everything & I can't efile. Running windows version. 

Drule007

I am having the same issue. It will not let me transmit my returns to E-File. It says there is an update available, but when I check it states that the software is up to date.

Drule007

This is bull**bleep**! I spent 40 minutes on the phone with Turbotax help desk and all they did is send me an email outlining the steps I should take to rectify the problem. They suggested that it is an issue with my computer and not their software. I will never purchase this crap again!!

garrjess
Returning Member

I finally got it to work, I just kept checking for updates & out of the blue it did a state update after trying 10x's . Tried refiling and it went thru.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using Windows 7?  Windows 7 cannot update as Microsoft no longer provides updates for Windows 7.  If your State needs to be updated and you are also seeing a message that Microsoft cannot connect to update, it is your operating system.  I strongly recommend not using Windows 7 to file your Taxes.  TurboTax requires that your Operating System is up to date to work effectively and your operating system cannot be updated on Windows 7.

If you are using Windows 10, please visit this link for troubleshooting help:   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-desktop-windows-update-loop-at-e-file/00/...

I hope this helps.

mine is doing the same thing did you find out what is wrong

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

This is usually caused by a problem with your computer interacting with the TurboTax software. I would suggest clearing your cache as follows:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

You may need to restart your computer after clearing the cache.

Also, loading up a different web browser when on your TurboTax product.

If you are still having trouble, it might help if you installed TurboTax on another computer if you have one available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am using Desktop and still hit the same issue, how can clear Browser help in this case?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please review the article below.

"There is an update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when e-filing (Windows) 

@lisahua46

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"