nshort76-

Taxes is rejected is it ok now it’s says pending

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I am also interested in finding out if mine are OK after being rejected and resubmitted.  In my situation, I got a rejection notice this morning and instructions on how to fix which just had me me re-transmit my e-file.  When I walked through the steps on the webiste, it just had me confirm my identity and e-file again.  After doing that, I read another e-mail that said I needed to delete my W2 and re-import it, so I called support who said the incorrect data they received from their data partner might have been corrected without me needing to do it manually or that I might get rejected again.  I'm a bit concerned that I will have to file by mail which would add extra steps and processing time to my returns.  

If someone at turbotax knows for sure it not deleting and re-importing my W2 will result in my return going to the IRS with incorrect data or if the issue was fixed internally and all I needed to do was the fix-it steps as prompted it would be good to know.

Thanks!

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

If your tax return is in "Pending" status, that means it has been e-filed, but the IRS has neither accepted or rejected it yet.

Sometimes a return is only Pending for a few hours, but could be a few days in some cases. At some point in the near future, it will move to "Accepted" or "Rejected". 

If it is Rejected, go ahead and do what the email says to make corrections and resubmit the return. If you need help with a particular error, contact support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bellabetsy7
Returning Member

I returned to fix mine after an email said it was rejected a second time and I needed to return to fix it, but when then when I returned it still says pending and there are no instructions or anything. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Pending means that we have your tax return but it has not yet been filed and accepted.  While we are doing this extra review, your return will show as pending. 

You should receive an email from us within 48 hours confirming that your return has been filed, or with instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken.

Please click Why is my return still pending? to learn more. 

Watson14

That's exactly what is happening to me. Anyone have the number to speak to a human at Turbo tax?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS is currently accepting/rejecting/processing returns.  Sometimes it can take more than 48 hours to process. Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has been waiting.  

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS.

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. 

Please see below for more information on what accepted means:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-accepted-mean/00/26285

Per @ KatrinaLO