Tax Year Prior to 2020: Is Intuit Electronic Filing Center open for 2019?

Trying to submit my personal tax returns for Federal and State (GA), I am getting this message:

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns...February

I read an article that pointed me to a table with dates and availability, and it seems that the forms I have should be already available: 1040 (w/ schedule B) and GA-500. 

Am I missing any date here? 

Thank you

jane15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I received the same message today. It did not say whether my federal filing went through and there was nowhere to ask a live agent a question. Very annoying.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

Generally, if you are not able to e-file your return it is because your state has not opened up the e-filing option yet. Even though the IRS has started to accept e-filed starting 1/27/2020 there are some states who have not finalized their tax forms yet, thus not opening the e-file option. Click here to look up your state and see when all forms will be ready: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Once the forms are ready you will be able to e-file your return and check the status here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The links provided to check the forms availability state both federal and state should be available. However I could find on press articles stating the dates 01/27 and 02/01 respectively, which I assume is the reason I am still getting that message.

Can e-file only the federal now, since it is opened, and the state later on?

Thank you. 

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

The IRS starts accepting e-filed returns beginning January 27th. For more information check out this link:  Additional Info on Efiling with IRS.

You can work on your return but it will be held until the IRS starts accepting e-filed returns.

I tried yesterday again and got the same message. Since IRS is open now, I believe the issue is with Georgia, my state. I read an article saying that Georgia would be open early February, which would explain the message - although Intuit availability table for Georgia estates differently.

Can I file only the federal forms, even having filled in both?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes you can file your Federal return separate. Help with doing so has been provided in the Turbo Tax FAQ link here.

I am have the same issue with trying to file state(GA) and federal 1065 and K-1s.  Any updates on when GA will allow us to e-file?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is now open.

Just an FYI - you are still not able to submit partnership returns for GA.  I have been told they are working on it though we only have a month until the deadline and GA is not accepting paper returns this year.