There is no penalty for not having health care insurance for tax year 2019 and beyond. If health insurance was provided from the Marketplace, state or healthcare.gov then a Form 1095-A would be received. The 1095-A is required to be entered so that the Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit can be generated.
The 1095-A information is entered under Deductions & Credits this year:
- Sign in and Continue your return.
- Click on Deductions & Credits near the top center of the screen.
- Find Medical on the list. If you don't see it, click on See all tax breaks at the bottom.
- Click on Show more to the right of Medical
- Find Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) on the short list, click Start on the right.