My state refund is to high it's says they will be Returning me $33,000$

I just don't want to get in no trouble I don't know what happened

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You probably entered an amount either with a misplaced decimal point or you entered a comma.  Go back to the W-2 section and check all your entries.

Clearly you need to go back and check what you entered when you entered your income and amount of tax withheld from your W-2.  The information flows from the federal return to the state return, so go back to Federal>Wages and Income and check all the amounts you entered.  Look for added zeros and misplaced decimals.  Do not file that return until you find your mistake and correct it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Mine did the same thing! (Almost-- 3 grand, still 10x more than normal!) I even went back and re-typed all my data from scratch.. At least I'm not alone. But I still don't know what to do about it!

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

You should check your W-2 form entries and pay special attention to boxes 16 and 17. 

Here is how to do that:

1. Login to your TurboTax Online Account.
  2. Select Continue my return.
  3. Select Federal from the left menu
  4. Click Edit/Add next to Job (W-2).
  5. Click Edit next to each W-2 form.
  6. Review the dollar amount in boxes 1 thru 6 on each W-2 form.
  7. Review your state information in boxes 16 and 17 as well.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"