It says my self-employment income "Needs Review" because I had this type of income in 2018; however, I do not in 2019. How can I proceed with the free version?

When I click "Review" it prompts me to upgrade to Deluxe or Self-Employed. If I choose "Don't Upgrade" it then says "Are you sure?" and says that I need to upgrade to accurately report income. If I select "I don't have this income", it takes me back to the "Wages & Income" main screen, and still shows Self-Employment income as "Needs Review". 

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Turbo Tax carries your self employment schedule forward to the next year to make it easier to for you to file. You can delete it if you don't need it. Here is how:

1. Click on Tax Tools toward the bottom left corner.
  2. Select Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a form.
  4. Scroll down the list and delete Form 1099-MISC worksheet, Schedule C, Schedule C-EZ and Schedule SE.

You probably won't have all four, but search for, and delete the ones that appear on your list.

To delete a form, click Delete on the right and then Confirm the delete. You can only delete one form at a time. If you have a state return, you may need to delete these forms under your state as well. 

When all these forms are deleted, click Continue my return. Click on Review on the left and see if this clears up the error. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

This worked! Thank you so much!

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

You are welcome!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"