I need to talk to a live person

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You will need to upgrade to the Plus edition or higher if you want to speak with a TurboTax support Agent.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Or you can ask your question here in the forum and someone should be able to help you, for free.

Jonesclifton74
Returning Member

@Jonesclifton74 wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

BigDog55

I did my tax return back in Feb. and have not got my refund back ect. can someone there look into way I haven't received it ect.

@BigDog55 wrote:

I did my tax return back in Feb. and have not got my refund back ect. can someone there look into way I haven't received it ect.

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

toulouse06
Returning Member

I want to make a suggestion for updates to your program. IMPORTANT for self employed persons.

[phone number removed]

Post it here, we can tell the Moderator.  Or maybe it is already there and we can tell you how to enter something or enter it another way.   Or maybe the Desktop program would work better for it than the Online version.  Since you can see and enter directly into the actual forms.

I did not receive my 2020 premier cd disk. how can i get it. i already paid for it.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

I have completed my Federal return and have received my refund.  When I try to file my Alabama State return, it won't let me file, print or see my state return because it says all the forms have not been finalized.  That is hard to believe since it is Feb. 17.  What can I do to file my state return?  I have been a customer of Turbo Tax for many years and it is sent to me automatically every year.  I have not had this problem before not any other problem with Turbo Tax.   I have tried to call and speak to a live person, but have been unsuccessful and only get an automated response which doesn't help me with my problem.  Also, it seems a lot of other people are having this same problem, so it is not just me.  Please help!

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

If your state is not being shown, you may have to start the return over.  To complete this in TurboTax Online, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to TurboTax
  2. On the Your 2022 federal return was accepted! Page, scroll down to Your tax returns & documents, select Show, and then choose 2022
  3. Now select Add a state (this reopens your return)
    • Note: If you've already started your state return, you can select Continue your return in the state tax return box
  4. Select State from the left menu
  5. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue and follow the instructions

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, select the State Taxes tab near the top. This will take you to the state section, and you can proceed there.

@Goldstrike2006 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"