matilde8

I have about 6 W2 I was wondering if I can do them all here ?

Carl
Level 15

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Are all six W-2's for tax year 2019? If so, then you are required to report all income received in a tax year from all sources on *ONE* tax return each tax year. If I recall correctly, the TTX program can handle a maximum of 20 W-2's for each tax filer. So if you're filing joint, that's a total of 40 W-2's - 20 for each of you.

If any of those W-2's are for a different tax year, then you have to file returns for each specific tax year--you cannot lump other years onto the same tax return.  We can tell you how to file for a past year if you need to do that.

If they are all for 2019:

Every 2019 W-2 that you received must be reported on your tax return, even if they are for small amounts.  Remember that each one of those W-2’s has your Social Security number on it, and that income was reported to the IRS by the employer.  You do not want to get in trouble with the IRS for under-reporting your income.

ALL of your W-2’s must be entered on the SAME tax return.  After you enter the first one, you click Add Another W-2.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
matilde8

Yes all 6 W2 ate for 2019

Then enter all of them on the SAME Form 1040.  They have to be on the same tax return form.  After the first one, just click Add W-2 until all of them have been entered.

WHY DID MY REFUND GO DOWN WHEN I ADDED ANOTHER W-2?

You started off with your first W-2 and your refund looked high?  Then you added another W-2 and it stopped looking so good? That is normal.  When you added more income, your tax liability increased, so you saw your refund decrease.  The program began by giving you your standard deduction—- which lowered your taxable income. So you are not being taxed on as much of the income on that first W-2.  Then you added taxable income--so the refund went down. Your refund (or tax due) is based on the total of your income, not “per W-2.”  Wait until you have entered ALL of your income and deduction information.  You can't really tell anything until it is all entered.  That “refund monitor” does not mean anything until everything has been entered.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2273878-why-did-my-refund-drop-when-i-entered-another-w-29

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**