jutsin

Is the Quick Employer Forms section working? When I click the link after logging in, only a blank pop up window opens and never loads anything. Trying to create 1099's.

HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, TurboTax Quick Employer Forms is working. You may need to reboot your computer and clear your cookies/cache. 

For unlimited access to Quick Employer Forms, which you can e-file at no additional cost, you'll need to use one of the following TurboTax products:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not sure I trust what TurboTax says about their Quick Employer Forms.  If you enter data, it might disappear instead of being saved (as promised).

On about January 10, 2020, I (eventually) figured out how to enter payee data at the TurboTax web pages for eventual printing and eFiling of IRS Forms 1099-MISC (block 7, NEC Compensation) due tomorrow, January 31, 2020.  [For my 2019 returns, I upgraded to TTax Home & Business -- specifically because I wanted the advertised ability to eFile my 1099-MISC forms and know that my current 2019 data would be saved online for quick & easy transfer to next year.]

(1) It turned into a time-wasting hassle to (eventually) discover that the ability to enter 1099-MISC info via the online web pages could NOT be accessed from my freshly-created and therefore existing 2019 TTax file in my desktop computer. Instead, when first opening TTax I had to click the "Start a new return" button and from there choose to enter 1099-MISC (or W2, etc.) data. That worked and I manually entered data for about 30 payees. I chose not to eFile at that time (TTax FAQs explain that my data would be saved online for later eFiling and for transfer to next year). Instead of immediately eFiling, I opted to wait until the end of January (i.e., today, 01/30/2020) in case errors needed to be corrected before eFiling. [NOTE -- There was NO "sign out" link or button available on any of the screens that appeared for me, so I simply closed the browser window. Chrome browser.]

(2) Today, 01/30/2020, I am trying to get back to my previously-entered 1099-MISC data that is supposed to be stored someplace within my online account at TTax ... ... ... and, after successfully logging in with my username and password, I cannot find any of my previously-entered data. The option to enter brand new data appears, but NO saved data from a couple of weeks ago. AARRGGH! A link to previously-saved data does NOT appear when I use the "Start a new return" button when TTax first loads. I cannot find a link to my already-entered data when I go back into my already-started 2019 tax file that's stored in my desktop computer. AARRGGH!

Now I wonder why I wasted my time and money upgrading my TTax product so that I could (supposedly) enter and eFile 1099-MISC forms via TTax to the IRS.

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

The Windows  Desktop Home & Business program and the separate Business program can prepare them either way, Online using Quick Employer Forms -or- on your computer using the built in W2/1099 Reporter.  The Mac Desktop Home & Business program only has the online Quick Employer Forms.

In the Window's Home & Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, click the big blue button to Start a New Return or go up to File-New Tax Return.
Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

If you get a screen with 2 choices, Check the second circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax/00/25869

I have a Quickbooks Self Employed account and am using Turbotax Self Employed for my taxes, but when I go to Quick Employer Forms it prompts me to buy Turbotax Business. I can't seem to get around this to enter my 1099-NEC's.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Depending on what forms need to be filed will determine what version you need.  To downgrade, please follow the FAQ instructions here.  

aakski

Quick Employer Forms is absolutely not working. I've cleared the cache and cookies, rebooted my computer, logged in 100 different times and have the exact same problem. I've used TurboTax 7 years and have never had a more difficult time. Every time you click on the link to "Create a 1099 or W-2" it takes you to the New Customer website to buy Turbotax Business and the login just takes you back to TurboTax Self Employed to "Create a 1099 or W-2"  -- 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

In order to access Quick Forms with your TurboTax Self-Employed Online, please follow these steps:

1. Sign onto your TurboTax online account here.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Your Account.
  3. Click on Create W-2's and 1099's.

@aakski

Uh no.  When I log in to my account, all it has is account information, but still nowhere for me to start any employer forms.  Even when I log in from quickemployerforms.intuit.com, it takes me to the "welcome new customer page" which tells me I need to purchase TurboTax.  The only place to go from there is a 'Go to Turbotax' button that take me a page to purchase Turbotax - which I already have. I've been going around in circles for an hour, with my 1099 due to be filed by tomorrow. This is ridiculous.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

In order to access Quick Forms with your TurboTax Self-Employed Online, please follow these steps:

1. Sign onto your TurboTax online account here.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Your Account.
  3. Click on Create W-2's and 1099's.

@kmillerrr

fousthvk

I have the same issue. I also had this issue last year. Its completely frustrating specially because you call intuit and they also have no idea what the heck you are talking about. Worthless. What are we paying for?

Randy411

This worked, many thanks! Kinda messed up that it tries to make you purchase Business in the normal interview screens though!!!