Re: Form 1041

Sorry, You need Turbo Tax Business.

The small business program (TT Business) is for 1120 Corporation, 1120S Corp, 1065 Partnership or 1041 Estate/Trust returns and will not do your personal 1040 return.   It  is a separate program from the Desktop Home & Business program or the Online Self Employed version.

Turbo Tax Business  is not available to do online or on a Mac.  You can buy the Window's version here.  And you can have both TT Business and TT Home & Business (or any personal version) installed on  your computer at the same time.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

So you will need 2 programs.  Or do you just need to enter a 1041 K-1 into your personal return?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

That is a bummer.

Thanks for your help!

Not including 1041 form in same program as a 1040 is a disgrace.

TahoeRick

Making me purchase Premier and Business and two state programs just to file a 1041 is greedy.

I was able to do a trust 1041 a few years back with out spending 200.00. I did it with your business and home before. Turbo tax has me pissed off this time in 2019 for sure. 

TahoeRick

I am not a new member, this year I was asked to change my password. 

The 1040 & 1041  have never been in the same program ... you must have used a different company. 

My mother passed away in 2019 and has a complicated return involving two trusts (Form 1041 necessary) that funnel into her 1040.  Your advertising is a little deceptive.  It is not as clear as it should be.  I find out now I have to purchase the Business version.  When I talked to a person at Turbo Tax  I explained my situation and they said Home and Business would handle it.  That person should have recognized what I was talking about or didn't care.  You really should not have the word Business in two different products.

If you need to complete a trust return form 1041  you will need the TT BUSINESS version.

Then you also need to file a  personal return then  any of the downloaded versions will work but if you use the Online version you will need at least Premier.