What is the last day that I can use the free version of Turbotax online for my 2018 taxes?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The last day you can use the online editions and e-file a 2018 tax return is October 15, 2019.

October 15, 2019 is the last day you can use online tax preparation.  After that, online software for 2018 and e-filing will shut down.  If you do not finish your 2018 return by then, you will need to purchase and download desktop software to a full PC or Mac and finish preparing the return using software installed to your own hard drive.  Then the return will have to be printed, signed, and mailed.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tasstaxes

I thought the online software stays available until Oct 20th or print and file a paper return for 2018.  Is this no longer the case?

Nope.  October 15.  If you are not done, you will have to purchase and download desktop software to a full PC or Mac to finish preparing your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@tasstaxes wrote:

I thought the online software stays available until Oct 20th or print and file a paper return for 2018.  Is this no longer the case?

If you timely *e-file*  by Oct 15 and it is *rejected* by the IRS then you have until Oct 20 to correct and *re e-file* or print and paper file with a postmark by Oct 20 (including the reject notice so that the paper return is not counted late).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Although the online version will remain operational thru 10/20 for efile rejects you will no longer be able to initiate a new efile ... you MAY  have the ability to work on the return however you will only have the option to mail in the return in the FILE tab.   

If you cannot complete the return by 10/20 then you must save the .taxfile so you can finish by using the downloaded version.