jp5825

Can I commute my quickbooks pro 2018 file and my latest tax return files from windows 7 and use web based quickbooks and turbotax for business solutions in 2019?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

First I don't know why anyone would switch from the superior downloaded version to the pricy online one voluntarily. And I doubt you will be able to transfer the file at all .... but you will have to ask in the QB forum or contact intuit directly ...https://forums.quickbooksusers.com/forum/quickbooks-software-support/quickbooks-pro-forum

@Critter My guess would be that the user is worried about not being able to use Windows 7 for the 2019 tax return with the desktop software and is changing to the online software to avoid upgrading his computer to Windows 10 or whatever.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@jp5825  What kind of Business return do you file?  Do you buy the Turbo Tax Business program or Home&Business?  There is no online version of the separate Business program.  Business is only a Desktop program for Windows computers. 

The online version equivalent to Home & Business is called the Self Employed version.  H&B and Self Employed versions are only for personal 1040 returns that need schedule C for self employment/Sole Proprietor/Independent Contractor etc.  

Well all Win 7 users will have to bite the bullet and upgrade and it is best to do it sooner rather than later.