enzogenx

I filed my NJ State taxes and i should be owed $5,739. Online is shows approved but then say " We approved your refund in the amount of $0.00 as of." Why is this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

no one here knows why.  TT does not receive any updates once a return has been accepted (e-filed) or mailed.

the only way for you to find out is to call them 

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@enzogenx , agreeing with @Anonymous  and adding  that (a) no one anywhere would know the reason for the amount of refund when you prepare the return yourself --- it is a confidential agreement between you and state taxing authority;  (b) we cannot see your  return and  even if we could , we still would not know the reason for the State's  decision -- we can only conjecture ( and mostly fruitless );  (c)  the State usually would send you something in the mail telling your their reason for the difference and (d) the best you can do is to call the  State Treasury / DOR and they  ( perhaps  you have to wait for a bit on the phone ) will surely answer your query.  All the States I have ever dealt with   ( not NJ recently though )  are usually quite helpful.   Please call the DOR

dmertz
Level 15

Did your Form NJ-1040 tax return indicate on line 64 that your overpayment is to be credited toward your next year's tax, reducing your refund to zero?