Thanks all for responding , but if future 1040ES vouchers are not sent, then Turbo Tax needs to delete them from the menu as "docs to be sent"! Agree? Misleading!

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

What is the real problem?  Did you send them in?  Did you use a 1040ES to pay your 2018 tax due by mistake?  What has you so upset about the 1040ES?

And it helps if you keep all of your related questions in the same thread instead of starting multiple threads about the same issue.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/are-1040-es-vouchers-for-the-future-year-really-f...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The vouchers are to be sent, with each payment. They're just not to be sent with your tax return.

Where exactly do you see a "docs to be sent" drop-down list? I'm not familiar with that. Can you post a screen shot? Are you using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software?

I think I see what you may be confused about ... the options to print has one for just the estimated forms  but  they are also included in the ALL OFFICIAL FORMS  REQUIRED FOR FILING ...  this does not mean these will all be sent to the IRS just that these are all the federal forms needed for filing the federal return and the estimates during the year.

In the 8 years I have been answering questions on this forum you are the first to read that section in a different way than it was intended.   I believe that could be clearer however the more they try to be more specific the more the users get confused.   

FYI ... the complete tax return has always included the estimated payments for the next year ... that is what makes it complete.  However the estimated payments forms are only sent to the IRS with a payment ... there is no reason for the IRS to get the forms ahead of that so they are never efiled with the return ... it serves no purpose to do so and they don't want them. 

Maybe it means Docs to be sent to your printer?  Anyway, go by the cover sheet.  Here's one from the Desktop program.

CoverSheet Estimates.jpg

Thanks xmas baby....not sure if this will get to you...new at this community talk...anyway, I think I understand now...thanks to Critter too!

Thanks Volvo Girl...I think I understand now...thanks to you and all responders!

Thanks Critter for the input..I think I understand now...not sure if you will get this..not used to this community talk stuff...