Level 15
This widget could not be displayed.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

What do you mean find them ?   Is the account lost ?   Or are you referring to the refund ?   And the fee you paid was for the used of the DIY program to complete a return that could be filed.  TT is not a professional income tax preparer and cannot intervene with the feds or state on your behalf. 


So ... is the refund missing ?   



First -- verify that your returns have been filed and accepted --  then check the fed & state web sites to see where you are in the process-


Check Your E-File Status on this Secure TurboTax website

- It will show the date you transmitted your return and if it was accepted or rejected.  
- Both your Federal and State will be listed separately if you filed both.
- It will tell you when you E-filed
- The electronic filing date


See the following TurboTax support article on checking your e-file status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908859-how-do-i-look-up-the-status-of-my-e-filed-return


For the Feds:




For the  state :




If the return has been processing for more than 21 days you can call the IRS.....

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1



If it's been more than 90 days since the return was accepted  then you can ask for help from the Tax Payer Advocate office:

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.


If you are unsuccessful with the Taxpayer Advocate for your area, you can also try the special IRS phone number for the Taxpayer Advocate Service at 877-777-4778.

More info on the Taxpayer Advocate Service:


Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works: