monks3y

I tried to file my 2017 taxes and it was rejected because it says I was claimed by another person. How can I get my taxes filed?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The ONLY way to file your 2017 tax return is to print it, sign it and mail it. A 2017 return cannot be e-filed now. If someone else claimed you as a dependent and you claim yourself, the IRS will process your mailed return and eventually will contact both you and whoever claimed you to sort it out.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Also— did you use the 2017 software for your 2017 return? The current online software is only for a 2018 return. Using the online software for 2017 income would be a big mistake.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**