Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Is it not allowing you to deposit any numerical digit at all in the entry box?  Not even a single digit?   Please confirm which particular screen you are trying it on and what Deluxe product you are using--desktop or online.

Or are you trying to enter the 6-digit IP PIN in the wrong place?   It is NOT entered in the File section, which is for a 5-digit filing PIN.

NOTE:   You didn't say if you are using desktop TurboTax or online TurboTax.  All 3 methods work for Online TurboTax.  The first 2 methods work for desktop TurboTax, too, although in the first method in desktop software you may see a link "Jump to IP PIN".

The IP PIN is a 6-digit Identity Protection PIN provided by the IRS to certain victims of ID theft.

Here's how to navigate to enter the IP PIN into TurboTax.  I've listed 3 ways to get to the right place to enter the IP PIN.  You only need to use one method.   You can choose which method works for you the best.

• Once the return is open click in the top right corner on SEARCH.
  • Enter IP PIN without quotes then click the magnifying glass
  • It will ask "Do you need an IP PIN?"  Scroll down a little to a button "Go to IP PIN".
  • Next screen asks:  "Did you get an IP PIN from the IRS for this year's taxes?"
  • If you choose "yes", it will have you enter it.   

Or here's an alternate navigation:

• In the left menu column, click Federal.
  • Then at the top Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Return Info.
  • Choose Identity Protection PIN and Start (or Revisit.)
  • Next screen asks:  "Did you get an IP PIN from the IRS for this year's taxes?"

Or here's a third way:

• Open your return if not already open.  ("Take me to my return.")
  • Once the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose TOPIC SEARCH.
  • Enter IP PIN without quotes.
  • In the selection list highlight IP PIN and click GO.