New Member

Can I claim estimated tax payments from 2015 in my 2016 Federal return?

Self employed and made estimated tax payments during 2015 but accidentally did not claim them on my 2015 return. Can I claim the 2015 payments on my 2016 return? Or do I need to amend my 2015 return?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You need to amend your 2015 return. You can not claim payments made in 2015 for 2015 on your 2016 tax return