Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I submitted mine with turbo tax yesterday at around 4pm and I think it went through
JG2018

@jmcelmoyle did you get an acceptance email yet? I tried Monday and got rejected again. But maybe the update went through?

@JG2018 I did not get an acceptance letter but I didn’t get a rejection letter and it’s been around 18 hours

I filed mine earlier this morning and have not gotten a reject letter yet.  Hopefully the IRS has pushed the update and TT is working

I filed mine yesterday morning - it has been 24 hours with no rejection!! I am very hopeful!! Will update if I get an acceptance....

Yup same, about 24hrs for me as well

I still never received a acceptance letter but I was also never denied. It’s been almost 48 hours

I wonder whats going to happen. Being the pessimist i am, im worried this will drag on until the deadline while we're stuck in limbo

Filed yesterday morning again, no rejection yet.  I read typical time for acceptance on e-filing is 24-48 hours and maybe longer with new identity protection protocols.  

Any news from anyone?
DanaMarc103
Returning Member

Submitted and accepted via TurboTax e-file yesterday!

We spent a while on the phone with a TT tax person (CPA) with whom we shared our screen and who reviewed forms 1040 and 2441 to ensure that they were correct.  We are also MFS for IDR purposes, with one kid, $2500 set aside in childcare FSA.  

We had the full amount of our kid's daycare in Part 1, the full amount in Part 2 box C, an X in Part 2 box 8, $2500 in Part 3 line 12, $2500 in Part 3 line 14 (carry-over, which comes from the childcare question block), and a 0 in Part 3 line 25.  I don't know if that helps or not.  

According to the TT person who helped us, we didn't technically get to use the $2500 last year as a dependent care tax benefit beyond the money having been set aside pre-tax due to being MFS, which is why it is carry-over (line 14).  But in our situation, the total cost of daycare so so so far exceeds any FSA benefit amount that carrying over wouldn't affect our tax liability in 2019.  She explained that for MFS, the FSA is a pre-tax amount that is a deduction (reducing the amount of taxable income), but MFJ using an FSA *also* get a tax benefit that is a credit (reducing the amount of taxes paid on the taxable income).

It took 3 long phone calls to TT, but our returns were accepted yesterday.  Hopefully this information helps some of you.

Good luck, everyone!
h_l60

@DanaMarc103 - sounds like the calls gave you some clarity, but did you have to change anything on the forms to get it accepted?  Thanks for the update!
DanaMarc103
Returning Member

Hi, we did not have to change anything on the forms.  However, this was the 3rd call.  On the 2nd call, we were advised to go back and re-answer the child care question block in TT to indicate that we were carrying the $2500 over to this year.  That is what populated form 2441 part 3 line 14.  The person with whom we spoke confirmed that was the correct thing to do in our situation.
JG2018

@jmcelmoyle @ng.jonathan @Tax-a-chusetts @raegrammturrell @Joseph.kerber anyone hear anything yet? I’m at about 48 hours yet and no word. I opened the program and checked file status this morning and it showed pending.

Nothing. Pending since the 27th at 9am