jlbarde

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yup. Also rejected again this morning.

I was also rejected again this morning. I have no idea how to proceed and TurboTax is not offering any guidance.

It's March 17th, I have had this same issue, I tried to refile this morning, it was rejected again...ugh...Turbo Tax help?!!

I just tried for the second time in the last several weeks and was rejected again. Has the problem not been fixed???  It wants me to check the box even though I’m not eligible and am not claiming the expenses. However, I have DCA benefits so have to file the form.

3/18 update: rejected again. Rejected yesterday on 3/17 as well. The IRS link provided in comments above does not yet show this issue has been resolved as of 6 am this morning. Second-guessing my decision not to mail my return a few weeks ago...beyond frustrating.
anon-js

Ugh! I hope someone has success e-filing today!

@TurboTaxCheriS Can we get some input from TT? There are several filers here with requirements to recertify status for income driven repayment student loans by 3/27. The tax return is what satisfies the certification requirement and mailing the return isn't going to do anything at this point. Filed yesterday and return was rejected 26 minutes later. Filed again today but based on other replies today I'm assuming it'll be rejected again.

Update: Rejected again on 3/18.

Aaaaannnddd...rejected again. Printing and mailing today. So aggravating.

I followed this and my return just got accepted!! ——>If you filed the 2018 tax return as Married Filing Separately then you cannot claim any Child or Dependent Care Expenses or credit on your tax return.
Delete the Form 2441.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting the 2441 - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580507-how-do-i-delete-form-2441-in-turbotax-online">https://ttlc...>

@gladysnoceja You have to be careful though... if you have an FSA to pay for childcare and your W-2 box 10 is checked you MUST file the 2441 form. So even though deleting the form will accept your return, many of us must file this. (Even though you are correct, we don't get the credit, the form is IRS's way of checking that we are appropriately using our FSA [in such words, this is my understanding of what I've read])
anon-js

Deleting 2441 will cause problems later on.  If it keeps rejecting today, I plan on mailing it. That will be the only "safe" way.  I wonder if TT will refund the state e-file fee? 🙂
jlbarde

@lauren.helming  yup - I am in the exact boat you are. I am scared I will have to refile with my paystub, which will make my payment go up several hundred a month since it does not take into account my tax status. But I don't know what my other options are.
Also, I paid for the superduper level of TurboTax and they are completely unhelpful on how to proceed. Either assuring me it will go through (which it doesn't) or telling me to delete form 2441, which is obviously wrong.

Any updates on this? I was told by the software to wait until yesterday 3/17 to fix, but its still getting rejected.

just now got rejected again.

Waiting to see if mine is rejected as well. That box not being checked at the top of the form is what is doing all of this. I wonder if a different software will have the same issues as I do NOT want to manually file.