Form 1095-A - Insurance Exchange (#): Monthly Premium SLCSP has a 0 entered. The corresponding entries for this month are 0 or blank, please delete this zero. Cant file?

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Any Columns on your 1095-A that have a $0 can be left blank if the corresponding columns are also $0 when you enter your 1095-A in the Health Insurance section.

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6613869  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
steyaert

My 1095-A has the same value in column A, and 0.00 in columns B and C.  I had a bronze plan, so I would think there wasn't a "second lowest cost silver plan" as an option.  (As I remember, the lowest silver plan was 50% more than the bronze plan I chose.)

It appears I can't e-file my taxes, after paying to e-file my state because of this.  No other value really fits in column B, except 0 as that's what's on my form.

Terry

steyaert

Hope it's right, but from the TurboTax help, I found a page to go to:

https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool/#/premium-tax-credit

From there, I got a value that I entered into all 12 months.  My refund amount went way up after that.

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you didn't have Marketplace insurance all year, you can leave column A blank for the months you didn't have it.  Then columns B & C will not be an issue.

If you have an amount in column A, then the amount in column B can't be zero. You must enter the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP). The SLCSP is the second-lowest priced health insurance plan in the Silver category that was available when you applied for insurance at Healthcare Marketplace. 

You can use this tool to get the SLCSP if it is not on your Form 1095-A:

Healthcare Tool

The amount in column C can be zero if you didn't take a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums.

• If you did get a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums, enter the monthly amount in column C.

See this article for more information about the Premium Tax Credit. 

TurboTax will automatically fill out Form 8962 once you enter your Form 1095-A.

Even though zero is on your form, TurboTax wants you to leave that field blank.

LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

When filling out your 1095-A in TurboTax, if there's a '0' on the paper form, leave it blank in TurboTax.

Only enter amounts for the months that you had insurance coverage and leave everything else blank

If this does not work, try deleting the form and start over.

To do this:

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools> Tools.
3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
Select Delete next to the form 1095-A and follow the onscreen instructions.

Click here for Instructions for Form 1095-A.

Click here for detailed instructions on how to enter Form 1095-A.