Level 20
This widget could not be displayed.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Since your move was not a requirement of your employer, the employer is not required to withhold OH state taxes. But you are still required to pay taxes on monies earned from that WA employer while physically present in OH and earning it in OH. So you'll definitely be filing an Ohio non-resident state tax return.

Keep good records of everything and be able to prove not only what you were paid while in the state, but the dates you arrived in, and left the state.

View solution in original post