Do I have to mail my w2 with my state return?

I am mailing in my returns.

I know I have to mail my W2 with my federal return.  Do I have to mail my W2 with my state return?  (I dont believe I mailed my W2 with my state last year and no issues)

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, when you mail a tax return--federal or state--you are supposed to attach a copy of any document showing tax withheld like your W-2 or 1099R.  Look on the left side of the printed out tax return--does it say to attach your W-2 or 1099R?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@xmasbaby0 federal return does ask to attach W2.  State return does not ask to attach W2.

Interesting...most states do.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am in California.  Anyone else don't see "attach W2" on the 540?

The instructions for the California State Tax returns says it does not need it. For the Federal you do need to attach Copy B.

It says the same thing for PA which si why I am here looking, so that would mean not to end it...I think ill send it anyway.

Im in Michigan and i need to know if i have to send my w2 with my state returns. The paper from turbo says just to sign and return 

djp0056

The forms for the 2020 filings no longer have this on the left side of the page.