New Member

I already filed my taxes but need to file for an extension

Level 9

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you already filed your taxes for 2016, then you do not qualify to file for an extension. If you need more time to pay the taxes due (if any), then your best bet would be to set up an installment plan with the IRS and/or your state: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/payment-plans-installment-agreements.

If you filed your taxes and are waiting on more tax information to come in, then when it arrives you would file an amended return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"