mdwarn

I downloaded TurboTax 2017 Deluxe and having trouble installing. Install hangs at 27%. Installing on Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10Pro

Arunkumar

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Solution

Best method to resolve:

• Close the error window and try to re-install.
  • If re-installation doesn't work, then restart the machine and then try to re-install again.

If that didn't help, try the following steps: 

If you are experiencing this issue while installing from a TurboTax CD, then click here to download and run our fix-it tool. If not, try the next solutions.

Windows: Try right-clicking the TurboTax icon and select Run as Administrator.

If that didn't help, follow these steps:

1. Log on to your computer with Administrator rights.
  2. Temporarily disable your online backup or security software.
  3. Install (or update) TurboTax.
  4. Re-enable the backup or security software you disabled in Step 2.

However, if you continue to receive this error while installing TurboTax after following the instructions in the solution, there are other issues with your system that are causing this error. See Troubleshoot Installing and Running TurboTax for further troubleshooting steps.

If the problem is occurring while attempting to update through TurboTax, download and install a manual update instead.

If the above solutions don't resolve the error, please follow the link below to restart into Selective Startup to install the program.

karlb

I am having the same issue... stuck on 27%. Tried forcing it closed, removing, reinstalling, restarting and even re-downloading. I bought the product on amazon yet it can't install... 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

If you can't find a solution to your issue, please contact support.  

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT through July 19 and will be open until midnight PT on July 15.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"