Wages not on w2, all income on 1099. Turbotax will not accept the no-w2 it continues to default to w2"

wages not on w2, all income on 1099. Turbotax will not accept the no-w2. it continues to default to w2 income is required before we can move on. 

CapB

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you can prepare and e-file TurboTax without any including Form W-2's.

On the TurboTax screen, you displayed above, select "We don't have any W-2's" to proceed.

If that does not fix things, you can also try:

To delete Form W-2 (in TurboTax Desktop):

1. Switch to the Forms Mode: Click on "Forms" Icon (above the TurboTax logo in the top left corner of the screen).

2. Select the W-2 you want to delete under "Federal Forms" (it will have a red exclamation point on the left side). 

3. Select Forms>"Remove Form W-2" (in the left of your computer screen) to delete the Untitled Form W-2.

To remove a Form W-2 (Online):

1. Sign In to TurboTax Online.

2. Select "Take me to my return" 

3. Select "Search" or "Help" icon.

4. Type "W-2" and select "Jump to W-2" 

5. Select the "Delete (trashcan icon)" next to the W-2 you want to remove on the W-2 summary page.

OR

To remove a Form W-2 Online:

• From the Menu select: Tax Tools>Tools>Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

There is no Delete Form button under Tools in the new version of TurboTax. The w2 requirement is being imported from our 2016 federal forms. In 2017 I do not have a w2 because I'm retied. Please help again. Thanks.
CapB

An additional method to delete Form W-2's online has been added to the answer screen above. Pictures to illustrate the Tools and Tools Center screen images were also added:
1. Select "Tax Tools"  2. Select "Tools"  3. Select "Delete a form" (the 3rd option on the "Tools Center" screen).

There is no Tax Tools button, there is only Tools in the top Menu bar. Where to find "Tax Tools" button? I have these in the menu as below. Thanks.

File   Edit   View  Tools   Online   Help

We have no option to delete any form from Tools menu nor any where in this TurboTax software. We just downloaded the latest version and there is no "Tax Tools" button, only Tools. We have tried all suggestions and request online or telephone help. Thanks.

We have the Deluxe TurboTax version for 2017.
CapB

To delete Form W-2 (in TurboTax Desktop):
1. Switch to the Forms Mode: Click on "Forms" Icon (above TurboTax logo in the top left corner of the screen).
2. Select the W-2 you want to delete under "Federal Forms" (it will have a red exclamation point on the left side).
3. Select Forms>"Remove Form W-2" (in the left of your computer screen) to delete the Untitled Form W-2.

If you still need to contact customer support: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041</a>