Getting error when filing CA return which was reviewed okay on form 593. Asking for Parcel# but entered Address. Will not allow both. How to fix?

TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Go back to that part of your TT/Calif return and edit the 593 again. You're right that you can't enter both a parcel/county and an address. Notice that the form shows address OR parcel/county. That means one or the other but not both - that's a Calif FTB e-filing rule, TurboTax is just enforcing the rule so your return won't be rejected for it. If you have information for both of those then pick one to enter and delete any entries in the other.

View solution in original post

scbroncos

I am running into this same issue. I did not enter a parcel number and only an address and TT is forcing me to enter a parcel number. I tried doing that and deleting the address and now it says I have to enter an address. I'm stuck in an endless loop...

BeachBear

I ran into the same thing until I noticed the "county" in the instruction. You can keep the address, just remove BOTH parcel ID and county (change back to No Entry).

It's just a bug. TurboTax could have removed the county selection for us when we removed the parcel number, or, better yet, when asking us to type in address in the beginning, don't allow us to choose a county in the first place. Apparently in the system. parcel number and County go together, but the user interface design failed to support that.