popsat67

What is a state street retiree service?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Where are you seeing that?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Did you get a 1099-R from them?

They are a retirement plan administrator.

If you received a 1099R:  Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
biegelboy
Returning Member

How do you know the taxable amount if the taxable amount not determined is CHECKED and IRA/SEP/SIMPLE is unchecked?

Also, State Street Retiree Services for USPBGC is "Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation", so they only step after your company fails to fund pensions, so the amount given is far less than the amount promised. Typically pennies on the dollar.

That being said, how does one figure out what part of income it taxed?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

It's calculated by the amount you contributed and your age. 

IRS General Rule and Simplified Method

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
biegelboy
Returning Member

If this is a failed pension plan that was picked up by The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and I lost 90% of the value promised by my now bankrupted employer, how do I factor the amount I contributed?  If I'm only receiving 10 cents on the dollar promised, how to do factor taxable amount?  Or do I plan it safe and assume its all taxable and give Uncle Sam 3 cents of the 10 cents?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Box 5  of your form 1099-R should list the amount you contributed to the plan. If not, then you would have to calculate that by considering how much you contributed per pay period and how may pay periods you contributed.

Newlife13

1099 duplicate

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

It is a retirement plan administrator. 

lfrodri1

No I did not.

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

@Ifrodri1 If this information was automatically carried over from your 2018 tax return and you don't have a 2019 1099-R form from State Street Retiree Services, delete the information. 

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.
  4. Select Delete next to the unwanted 1099-R and then answer Yes on the following screen.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

richwon1

I have not received my 1999-R.