nlglick94

Can I use the free version of turbo-tax if I have to file a 1099-DIV?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, Free Edition can handle a Form 1099-DIV.

gs121

You can not use the free version if the amounts of all the interest/dividends exceeds 1,500. You will be upgraded to deluxe.

curtis517

Yes it will then it wont!!!!! when you get to the end and try to file. It will say you have a 1099-DIV and a 1099-INT and need to buy the Deluxe version. I have a feeling it was going to do this.

curtis517

Would be nice if they told you that before you used it. all over the internet I found it would do these 1099's. But no where did I see their was a limit. Only limt mentioned is $66,000 income.

The website says yeah come in no problem for a 1099 DIV then it says that it will be $59. OOPS! You want to file that form with your state? That's another $59! Holy **bleep**! What a **bleep** tease Turbo Tax has become.

I filed my for the past 3 years using this program for FREE!

Nothing has changed and they even promise it's free until you get to the end and bam! that will be $118 please! 

Missouri Offers it's own free tax filing program. Guess I will use it from now on.

Yes, I have listed the 1099-DIV in my taxes done with TurboTax

gritts22

SOLUTION for 1099-DIV below $1,500: I had the same problem and Turbotax helped me resolve it, now I don't need deluxe! I clicked the "?" at the top of the page, told the AI that I needed to speak with a person, someone called me (free!), I asked to be transferred to Tier 2 assistance, I explained the situation, they had me screen share, and she gave me a special code to bypass the Deluxe fee! Must be a bug. Scroll down on this page for the justification that NON-Shedule-B 1099-DIV still gets the free version: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/investments-and-taxes/what-is-a-schedule-b-irs-form/L9G2RijlF