I'm getting an unrecoverable error code trying to download the 2017 deluxe cd. Can i get help installing?

ddaven12

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

When attempting to install TurboTax for Windows, you may get the message TurboTax installation has encountered an unrecoverable error.

Possible causes include:

• Interference from security or backup software; or
  • Damaged or missing fonts.

Before you proceed to the solutions below, first try disabling your firewall and virus-protection software, along with any other running programs, before installing TurboTax.

TurboTax 2011 and later solution

If disabling or closing all running programs didn't work, try restoring your fonts.

If you still have problems, do this:

1. Uninstall and then reinstall the .NET Framework.
  2. Install TurboTax.
  3. When you get to the installation screen How Do You Want to Get Updates? choose the third option I want to get updates on my own.
    • You'll be able to initiate updates any time by choosing Check for Updates from the TurboTax Online menu.
    • Should the message Error creating firewall rules appear, follow the procedure in the article Troubleshooting Problems with the Microsoft .NET Framework and then try installing again.

Finally, if you're still experiencing this error and you're trying to install from the CD, please contact us for further assistance.

TurboTax 2010 solution