New Member

I am divorced. My boys live with my ex-wife, but the divorce decree states that I claim the boys for Tax Year 2016. Do I need a form 8332?

New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

In the eyes of the IRS, yes. That is the only guaranteed way they will accept your claim if it ever becomes an issue. The divorce decree will still serve as backup and should be sufficient but is not guaranteed.

View solution in original post